How to register your game on BGG
We'll help you to register your game step by step
As promised two weeks ago, today we continue to talk about BoardGameGeek. Last week we explained how to register on Bgg, today we will explain how to register your game on the database. Also this time all you need is: a PC, the internet and a lot of patience following us step by step.
First of all you have to click MISC, you will find it at the top in the blue banner under search after that click on BOARD GAME in the open drop down menu. Now you can enter your boardgame by filling out all the entries, such as:
- Name of the game
- Description (Summarize the theme, the Game-Play, and the Objective)
- Year of publication
- Minimum number of players
- Now, you can continue with the registration of the game and you have to go to the item "Companies" and continue the compilation to make known your game on the site. Here you will find:
- Publisher: Select an item from the menu. Also Unknown (unknown), Self-published (self-production) and Web-published (web production) are options that you can choose from.
- Version nickname: example "First Edition", "Second Edition", "French Edition"
- Version editor: here you will have to select an item from the menu. Also Unknown (unknown), Self-published (self-production) and Web-published (web production) are options that you can choose from. After this section you will find "Version Artist", which you can safely skip, returning to fill in the following fields:
- Year of Publication: Enter the year or click the "not available" box
- Go to "Dimension": skip (choose preset) and enter the data under "OR Specify" instead:
- Units (select centimeters)
Now you will find the field "Languages" and here you have to choose the ITALIAN option, to follow insert the release date or leave blank in case you do not know the day. You can also choose to post comments on the release if you need it.
Well, we're almost publishing your game, so we're almost done. As last steps you have to choose if "Realized" or "Not realized", insert the link of the web page of the Tambù site that refers to the pre-order of your game, insert (if known) the pre-order start and end dates.
Finally you have to insert, if you want, a final personal comment. Click SAVE, and voilà ... les jeux sont faits! Now you will have to wait for your game to be evaluated and wait for the check to take place.
Our Tambù Team, we attach below a file with all the steps!